1st Talk of 2013
Taking Care of Your Computer
All About WiFi
Routers, Computers, Printers, Phones, Tablets
I will be giving a talk at the Kinnelon Public Library, this Thursday Feb. 21, at 7 PM, which is the 1st of 9 such planned talks this year, roughly a month apart, on the subject of taking care of your Windows PC, new or old, with special attention in Part 1 to:
- WiFi is 2 Way Radio for Computers and Computing Devices
- How WiFi Works on Routers, Computers, Phones, & Tablets, Printers …
- How to Keep WiFi Safe – Encryption, Types and Uses
- How to Make WiFi Fast – Wireless-N and soon, Wireless AC
- How to Set Up WiFi on Individual Devices
- When You Should Use WiFi and When You Should Not
- How Printing (and Scanning and Faxing) with WiFi is a Special Case
|Make Sure You Get WiFi When You Need It -- Your Own!|
Ask Your Questions about Your Computer and Computer Related Problems, such as:
1) Is my machine too old? When do I need a new machine?
2) How can I "pin" that program to my Taskbar, and what is a "Gadget?"
3) Why does my computer ... ?
4) If you have a laptop with a problem, bring it along and we'll take a quick look.
5) Questions and on-the-spot diagnosis will be limited by the time available!!!
All of you Kinnelon and North Jersey people, and everybody else, are welcome to come.
Call the Kinnelon Library at 973 838 1321 and reserve a spot.
See you there!
|Quid Pro Quo|
Post a Comment