I will be giving a talk at the Kinnelon Public Library, this Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 7 PM, on the subject of Email -- how to use Mail Clients and Webmail, what the Security Problems with Each Are, and How to Have All of Your Email at Your Fingertips on All of Your Devices, All of the Time.
- How to Setup POP and IMAP, and What They Are and Why You Should Care
- How To Sync All of Your Mail with Your Desktops, Laptops, and Phones
- How to Set Up a Mail Client
- How to Make Sure Your Security Program Takes Care of Your Mail
- Why your eMail Provider Makes a Difference
|POP3 vs IMAP|
1) Is my machine too old? When do I need a new machine?
2) How can I "pin" that program to my Taskbar, and what is a "Gadget?"
3) Why does my computer ... ?
4) If you have a laptop with a problem, bring it along and we'll take a quick look.
5) Questions and on-the-spot diagnosis will be limited by the time available!!!
All of you Kinnelon and North Jersey people, and everybody else, are welcome to come.
Call the Kinnelon Library at 973 838 1321 and reserve a spot.
See you there!
PS: This talk pertains to PCs running Windows, Tablets and Phones