|Yes! But is it Pretty on the Inside, too???|
It is a PC -- we can only imagine ...
How to Work on Your Own PC -- Desktop or Laptop, including:
1) Buying and Replacing Hardware -- Adding Memory to your Desktop or Laptop, Replacing a Power Supply, a CD/DVD/BluRay Drive, a Video Card and so on …
2) Opening and Closing Your Computer -- Accessing the innards safely, power and data cabling, and what the parts are inside a computers, user removable or otherwise
3) Where to buy the Computer Hardware and What to Buy -- The right stores online and bricks-and-mortar stores
4) If You want Someone Else to Fix Your Computer, who to get, where to get them, what to pay.
5) Plus How to Clean Your PC – It does get Dirty, You Know, and That Can Kill Your Computer
Don't go into a computer upgrade or repair ignorant of what needs to be done or what it should cost -- come and find out!
And, As Always we will have our Open Mike period at the end of the talk and demo, so you can find out why your computer isn't doing what you want:
Ask Your Questions about Your Computer and Computer Related Problems, such as:
1) Is my machine too old? When do I need a new machine?
2) How can I "pin" that program to my Taskbar, and what is a "Gadget?"
3) Why does my computer ... ?
4) If you have a laptop with a problem, bring it along and we'll take a quick look.
5) Questions and on-the-spot diagnosis will be limited by the time available!!!
All of you Kinnelon and North Jersey people, and everybody else, are welcome to come.
Call the Kinnelon Library at 973 838 1321 and reserve a spot.
See you there!
PS: This talk pertains to PCs running Windows 7, Vista and XP
PPS: Note this is a change of date from May 17 to May 24
Photo Credits: http://www.flickr.com/photos/weirdo513/5838435133/sizes/o/in/photostream/