Windows 8 vs Windows 7--
Why Windows 8 is OK and You Should Not Fear It
|Home, Sweet Home in Windows 8|
I will be giving a talk at the Kinnelon Public Library, this Thursday, May 22 at 7 PM, which is the 2nd of 6 such planned talks this year, roughly a month apart, on the subject of Using Your PC or Laptop, in this case, with Windows 8 and 8.1 -- how it is different from previous versions of Windows, how it is similar, and what you need to know about your next Operating System! This talk will cover again some of the topics in the November 2013 talk which people have expressed interest in and which have since changed.
- The Good Things -- and there are Good Things: Stability, Speed, Backup ...
- The Annoying Things -- How to Work Around Them
- The New User Interface -- What You Need to Know
- How to Make Windows 8 and 8.1 Look and Work Like Windows 7
- Why You Should Have It Instead of Windows 7
I will also be talking about certain power and protection hardware such as Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Surge Protectors, and the like.
Plus -- As Always -- Ask Your Questions about Your Computer and Computer Related Problems
, such as:
1) Is my machine too old? When do I need a new machine?
2) How can I "pin" that program to my Taskbar, and what is a "Gadget?"
3) Why does my computer ... ?
4) If you have a laptop with a problem, bring it along and we'll take a quick look.
5) Questions and on-the-spot diagnosis will be limited by the time available!!!
All of you Kinnelon and North Jersey people, and everybody else, are welcome to come.
Call the Kinnelon Library at 973 838 1321 and reserve a spot.
Also note that the last talk this year will be on Dec. 19, Thursday, and will be a Year End Wrap-Up including all of the things you need to do to take care of your computer at least once a year.
See you there!
This talk pertains to PCs running Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP, Tablets and Phones
Photo Credits: All Mine