Taking Care of Your Computer for Home and Business
|All Good Computers Go To Heaven|
Make Sure Yours Is Backed Up
Before It Does
--How to Backup to the Cloud
|Carrying On with the Theme|
--Tablets -- How to Choose, What are the Differences
|Picking the Tablet With The Right Stuff|
Is My Computer OK? What is It Doing?
|Stupid, but, You Know ... True|
3 Topics for the Price of One -- Free!
I will be giving a talk at the Kinnelon Public Library, this Thursday, June 20 at 7 PM, which is the 4th of 9 such planned talks this year, roughly a month apart, on the subject of taking care of your computers, tablets, and phones, new or old, with special attention in Part 4 to:
- Backing up your device to the Cloud, to an Internet Backup Service for Free
- What Cloud Backups Are Good For and What They Are Not
- What is a Good Tablet to Buy Now and What It Will Cost -- Tablet Differences
- What You Can Do with Your Tablet Instead of Your PC and What You Can't
- How Can You Tell What Your Computer is Busy Doing and If It Is OK?
- What Programs Is It Running? Is the Machine Itself OK? How to Tell
1) Is my machine too old? When do I need a new machine?
2) How can I "pin" that program to my Taskbar, and what is a "Gadget?"
3) Why does my computer ... ?
4) If you have a laptop with a problem, bring it along and we'll take a quick look.
5) Questions and on-the-spot diagnosis will be limited by the time available!!!
All of you Kinnelon and North Jersey people, and everybody else, are welcome to come.
Call the Kinnelon Library at 973 838 1321 and reserve a spot.
See you there!
PS: This talk pertains to PCs running Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP, Tablets and Phones
|No Reason for this Image -- I Just Liked It|
Also, Let Me Say In Advance, It Is Meaningless