|What? You don't like it???|
|Maybe this would be better ...|
I will be giving a talk at the Kinnelon Library Thursday, Mar. 15 at 7 PM, which is the 3rd of 6 such talks a month apart, on the subject of taking care of your Windows PC, new or old, with special attention in Part 3 to:
Buying the right Computer, and Not Paying Too Much for It, including :
1) Who to buy a computer from and how to get the best price, by at least several hundred bucks.
2) What kind of computer you really need and how you can make sure it lasts a long time.
3) How to get the Very Best Deals on related computer equipment and software as well as consumer electronics of all kinds.
I will discuss where you can get the best deals online for top tier name brand machines such as Dell and HP and whether or not you should consider an extended factory warranty, as well as buying from local resources such as BJ's, Best Buy, and so on.
We will repeat our "Open Mike" period at the end of the talk so you can find out why your computer isn't doing what you want:
Ask Your Questions and Solve Your Problems --"Open Mike" -- Questions such as
1) Is my machine too old? When do I need a new machine?
2) How can I "pin" that program to my Taskbar, and what is a "Gadget?"
3) Why does my computer ... ?
4) If you have a laptop with a problem, bring it along and we'll take a quick look.
5) Questions and on-the-spot diagnosis will be limited by the time available!!!
All of you Kinnelon and North Jersey people, and everybody else, are welcome to come.
Call the Kinnelon Library at 973 838 1321 and reserve a spot.
See you there!
PS: This talk pertains to PCs running Windows 7, Vista and XP
Photo Credit: various websites